Registrar Coordinator (Multiple Vacancies)
Reporting to the Senior Registrar at The City College of New York, the Registrar Coordinator will be responsible for various operational aspects of the Registrar's Office.
The Registrar Coordinator will:
- Assist with maintenance of transcripts and update of archival records from paper and legacy systems.
- Coordinate the resolution of student record and registration problems.
- Assist with the recreation and rebuilding of student records that were not migrated into the new SIS.
- Support the e-permit application process and input of transfer credit related to the e-permit process.
- Provide and coordinate SIS (CUNYfirst) Campus Solutions training to staff and faculty as needed.
- Coordinate New York state residency applications.
- Assist with reports to the national Student Clearinghouse.
- Support faculty on The Certification of Attendance process.
- Assist with service window providing customer service on all Registrar related issues.
- Develop and maintain instructional materials for students and faculty.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience with advanced Student Information Systems preferably PeopleSoft
- ERP Implementation/Conversion experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage with an attention to details
- Experience in higher education - registrar/academic office setting
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides operational support for registration operations.
- Provides advice on academic and administrative registration requirements
- Interprets and communicates academic, registration and enrollment policies and procedures
- Assists with registration and provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
- Complies, generates, and updates various reports, catalogs, and inventories
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collaborates with College and University offices to address inquires and concerns and resolve student registration and record problems
- May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining course databases
- May monitor and revise the content of web pages and other communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
June 8, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Registrar Coordinator (Multiple Vacancies)
Job ID: 16749
Full/Part Time: Full-Time