Admin Specialist II Nurse Anesthesia
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
Working Title: Admin Specialist II Nurse Anesthesia
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Dean of Nursing and Health Prof
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range: $21,827.00
Position Summary: The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for researching and preparing special reports, examining and verifying documents, and performing general office duties. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Composes, types, and edits various documents including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, narratives, and training materials from rough draft using a typewriter, word processor, or personal computer
- Acts as office receptionist by greeting and directing visitors, screening calls, responding to routine questions regarding policy and procedures, providing instructions on the completion of forms, or making referrals to other sources of information
- Establishes and maintains various computerized and paper files, records and logs, and retrieves information as needed for reference or to compile reports
- Develops or modifies procedures and formats materials for new or revised word processing applications
- Recommends changes in word processing methods, sets up data for sort/select procedures, and merges data into printed reports by selecting type face and sizes, integrating plates and figures, and establishing unique designs
- Maintains sufficient supplies for the office and work unit by conducting physical inventory, ordering, receiving, and restocking supplies
- Participates in setting up workshops, conferences, and other meetings by compiling and typing materials, scheduling and registering participants, and maintaining attendance and evaluation data
- Prepares itineraries, schedules of events or staffing, and maintains calendars and/or suspense files to remind supervisor of upcoming deadlines and activities
- Processes documents by logging, coding, recording, verifying, and recalculating data
- Trains and provides technical assistance to administrative support and professional staff in word processing functions through instruction and demonstration and assistance with problem resolution
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., possible weekend twice per year
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of record keeping procedures.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics.
Knowledge of work-related subject area.
Knowledge of computers and software applications.
Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form.
Ability to establish and maintain filing systems.
Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus two years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.