Analyst, Data Warehouse Programmer
General Statement of Job
To analyze, develop, lead, and implement complex computer applications and databases in order to meet customer needs.
Location Highland Business Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Professional 4/124 ($51,137.00 - $73,053.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Vice President, Effectiveness and Accountability Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Familiarity with administrative or educational software applications, such as student, finance, or human resources systems.
- Application/report development.
- Database development.
- Systems analysis techniques and the systems development life cycle.
- Installation, testing, and evaluation processes in relation to new and existing software.
- Current standards in relation to the compliance of security and data protection.
- Project planning and documentation processes and standards.
- Programs used in educational institutions and/or data warehousing and data mining.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Analyzing, reviewing, and writing applications and programs based on customer needs and requirements.
- Conducting analysis of customer needs and developing solutions to software challenges.
- Querying and extracting data from large databases.
- Producing data reports from complex data sets.
- Testing, debugging, and documenting software programs.
- Maintaining and modifying existing software applications.
- Providing customer training in relation to new software applications.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use query and control languages, program, deal with network servers, and provide technical support.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Three or more years related work experience.
- Experience working with Texas Workforce Unemployment Insurance data.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.