Scheduler, Interpreter Services - Part-Time (75%)
General Statement of Job
To schedule sign language interpretation and Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART) services for students, teachers, staff, and guests of the college who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Location Riverside Hours 30 hours per week as assigned. Salary Assistant 6/116 ($20,233.50 - $28,905.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Supervisor, Interpreter Services Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Customer service techniques.
- Scheduling people and/or services.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and arrive at workable solutions for a variety of situations.
- Effective team buildng skills and a strong customer-orientation when working with diverse populations of students, faculty, staff, administrations, and the community.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills including use of tact and discretion and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Reliability to maintain an established and flexible work schedule.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information and work-related information,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadlind driven office environment.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
- Associate degree.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of American Sign Language, interpreting, and/or deaf culture.
- Understanding of interpreting and transliterating services provided in educational environment including but not limited to classrooms, meetings, student registration, testing, tutoring, and counseling sessions.
- Experience in working with assignments of Interpreter services specifically in an academic environment.
- Experience in working with multiple databases including a manual Excel process.
- Experience in scheduling a large volume of people in multiple locations.
- A minimum certification: Texas Board of Evaluation of Interpreters (BEI) III, BEI Intermediary, or Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf National Interpreter Certification (RID NIC or CDI).
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.