Associate Director, Facilities and Services/Director, Diversity and Inclusion - Facilities & Servic
Associate Director, Facilities & Services/Director, Diversity and Inclusion
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Facilities & Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for Associate Director, Facilities & Services/Director, Diversity and Inclusion. This is a full-time Academic Professional position reporting to the Executive Director of Facilities & Services, who reports to an Associate Chancellor in the Chancellor's Office.
The Director of Diversity and Inclusion develops, implements, and monitors policies, programs, and initiatives that promote diversity and inclusion within F&S, assists F&S in fostering an open and inclusive work environment and acts as primary liaison and facilitator for the F&S Employee Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Lead the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities to promote and attain a diverse work force for Facilities & Services.
- Serve as primary advisor to the Executive Director and F&S leadership teams to drive awareness of diversity initiatives and programs across the organization. Act as the principle F&S liaison in all matters relating to diversity and inclusion.
- Support F&S divisions and departments to develop and implement strategies and execute programs that foster inclusion and diversity across the F&S.
- Assist and act as a resource to the Executive Director in negotiating and resolving sensitive and controversial diversity issues.
- Sponsor and act as the Executive Director's liaison to the F&S Employee Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Develop training, communications, and education programs that foster inclusive behaviors, thinking and dialog among F&S leaders and their teams.
- Work with F&S leadership, search committees and F&S Human Resources Department (HR) in the recruitment and retention of employees and student employees of diverse backgrounds.
- Recognize and respond to regional and local diversity needs, issues, and initiatives to support the needs of Facilities and Services. Serve as relationship manager with external organizations as requested.
- Coach leadership and employees in effectively implementing diversity practices and initiatives.
- Represent the Executive Director and serve as subject matter expert on diversity-related issues with advisory committees, serve on campus committees, and communicate/consult with other offices, when appropriate.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Diversity Action Plan and monitor progress of the Plan.
- Research diversity best practices, competitive statistics, and other metrics for ongoing reporting to leaders.
- Partner with F&S HR, Campus HR, ODEA and other university units to ensure alignment with the diversity and inclusion metrics/measures/scorecard and the Affirmative Action goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the HR leadership to ensure that all HR policies and practices fully integrate diversity and inclusion.
- Work with Executive Director, F&S Leadership Team and communications team to raise awareness and engage internal and external stakeholders with Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Keep current on diversity programs and initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business/Management or other related field.
Master's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources, diversity and inclusion, EEO or a related field is required.
- Ability to lead groups and influence at all levels in both academic professional and union/prevailing wage environments within the organization
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated expertise and skills in public speaking, leading dialogue and adapting different messages to various audiences, with an understanding of how to operate within a large complex organization.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and delivering training programs and embedding Diversity and Inclusion into systems and processes.
- Must demonstrate progressive experience in personnel management, equal employment opportunity programs and project development and implementation.
- Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate with multiple and diverse populations. Strong organizational, analytical, and judgment skills required.
Experience in a higher education environment and ability to work with external groups to build partnerships is preferred.
This is an academic professional position at Facilities & Services. Salary is commensurate with experience and start date will be as soon as possible after the close date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
In order to receive full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your undergraduate college transcript, and the names/contact information for three professional references by June 9, 2017. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Nicole McCurry at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: FandS Administration
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities & Services
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/10/2017
Close Date: 06/09/2017