Coordinator for Housing Information, Private Certified Housing - University Housing (A1700201)
Coordinator for Housing Information University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for a Housing Information Coordinator for Private Certified Housing (PCH) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The PCH coordinator will manage aspects of the PCH program while serving as a liaison between housing staff and a variety of stakeholders. The Coordinator will make policy recommendations to the Assistant Director while thinking strategically about ways to improve the perception and presence of PCH on campus. It is critical for the coordinator to navigate the political climate on campus, in the Champaign-Urbana community, and amongst PCH owners. Interactions will occur both within and beyond the campus community. The coordinator will serve as a primary contact for prospective and current students during the year and ensures staff have the resources necessary to provide exceptional customer service. The PCH coordinator will manage large, complicated data structures and complex contractual processes. The coordinator will support an integrated team office environment through daily leadership and provide assistance in the absence of the Assistant Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates functions related to the Private Certified Housing units, including occupancy reporting, inspection program, enforcement of certified housing standards, documentation, maintaining databases and inventories of information. Administers the certified housing process for campus. Manage high level strategic planning tasks and recommend improvements to business procedures.
- Represents/speaks on behalf of University Housing at various Admissions/recruiting events for students/parents throughout the year. This includes speaking to large groups of students/parents and more intimate question & answer events.
- Advises students on their housing alternatives on campus, including University owned residence halls, apartments, and private certified housing units.
- Manages the operation of related database and web-based systems, providing comprehensive training and support to end-users. Utilizes MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to complete daily operational tasks. Recommends operational and strategic improvements to existing systems.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the staff and of the daily operations of the Housing Information Office.
- Maintain positive work environment through collaborative management of staff under the direction of the Assistant Director of the Housing Information Office.
- Provide feedback on performance and establish professional development plan for respective staff. Use sound judgment in reprimanding or correcting inappropriate behavior of staffing using appropriate methods.
- Hire, train, and provide direct supervision of student staff. Facilitate or mediate positive interpersonal interaction between student staff.
- Use sound judgment in navigating politically charged relationships or conversations with campus, community, and customer stakeholders.
- Works cooperatively with Residential Life, Family & Graduate Housing staff, as well as, Student Affairs staff and faculty in establishing, promoting and encouraging students to consider special interest housing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master's Degree with minimum 2 years of demonstrable full time experience in the following areas: customer service, public speaking, and supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in working with a large and diverse group of people, sound oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated customer support skills in effectively providing accurate information and responding to colleagues and customers seeking direction/guidance.
- Ability to work in an integrated team environment while taking initiative to complete individual tasks without considerable direction.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making skills in a highly political environment. Professionalism and poise is required at all times.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills to address difficult, complex issues; effective multi-tasking capability; ability to anticipate, manage, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities to meet stringent deadlines and handle unexpected matters of urgency.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in presentation of data.
- Experience navigating and effectively using technology including, databases, Microsoft Office, website maintenance, social media, and print pieces using Adobe, Prezi, WordPress, Webtools, or other design tools.
- Experience training staff.
- Experience working with Private Certified Housing on the Illinois campus or similar experience with a third-party private housing relationship.
- Knowledge about University of Illinois business policies and procedures
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward this vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by May 23, 2017. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Housing Division
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 04/04/2017
Close Date: 05/23/2017