Career Management Center
The Program Coordinator for MMS/MQM Career Services is an integral position within the MMS and MQM Programs and the CMC team. S/he works closely with the departments' leadership to realize their respective goals. In this capacity, s/he assists with coordination and development of a comprehensive program of workshops (which may include some presentations),coaching, and alumni engagement, as well as other services that prepares the MMS and MQM students to succeed in the job market. The incumbent also assists in working to build and maintain the MMS and MQM program#s brand in the marketplace. To achieve this objective, the incumbent will assist in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to expand the Duke MMS and MQM student and alumni engagement through presentations, career related activities and events, maintaining and tracking relationships with MMS and MQM alumni, and gather feedback on program progress with these initiatives. S/he is regularly required to resolve diverse and advanced problems independently, to manage complex logistics for a variety of stakeholders, and to effectively complete assigned projects. The Program Coordinator reports to the Associate Director for MMS and MQM Career Services and works closely with the whole CMC team, but also interfaces with the Dean for MMS and MQM Programs. In addition, s/he will work collaboratively with the Student Services Leadership (Assistant Directors) for the MMS and MQM Programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities according to importance and urgency
- Proficiency in MS Office suite programs, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint; capacity to learn CMC-specific technologies
- Three or more years of administrative/project experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and proficiency in business communications to effectively represent the school to both internal and outside parties
- Event planning and coordination abilities for both small and large events
- Ability to collaborate with people at different levels' administration, faculty, staff and students and with offices at Fuqua as well as across the Duke University campus
- Demonstrated time management and decision-making skills to plan, manage, and coordinate individual activities and departmental functions
- Flexibility to adapt to change and re-prioritize assignments as needed
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Strong public speaking skills for small and large groups preferred.
- Oversees scheduling and coordination for meetings and other events related to the activities of the Associate Directors.
- Manages scheduling and other functions associated with third party services, such as independent career coaches and speakers.
- Provides project assistance that supports the MMS and MQM program's short- and long-term strategic direction. For example:
o Developing and scheduling workshops for students
o Providing guidance and managing relationships with professional club student leaders, including Career Chairs and Career Ambassadors
o Coordinating with alumni to present to students
o Liaison with Sector Manager for MMS and MQM and Duke University Career Office regarding employer visits and job seeker's listserv
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge about MMS and MQM students and their career needs and interests. Stays current on recruiting practices, job market trends, and student interests through a variety of channels, to effectively reflect that understanding in carrying out projects and responsibilities.
- Manages collection, analysis, and reporting of competitive information on peer programs at top business schools.
- Assists the Associate Directors for MMS and MQM Career Services with most functions of the department, where project will be delegated to incumbent and s/he will work relatively independently.
- Assists with development and delivery of career development programs, including managing the scheduling, communications, event marketing, student sign-up, logistics and other functions associated with workshops and special career development events sponsored by the CMC.
- Collaborates with Associate Director to manage and keep track of expenses and review against allocated amounts in budget for MMS and MQM as well as DKU expenditures at Fuqua.
- May explore new technology for potential department adoption.
- Upon request, assumes responsibility for special projects that are directly or indirectly related to core responsibilities.
- Overall effectiveness and efficiency of assigned projects and responsibilities.
- Feedback from surveys, including program-wide, departmental, or activity-specific.
- Recruiter feedback on student preparation levels and skills in the job search.
- Alignment with Duke core values of learning, diversity, respect, teamwork, and trustworthiness in all interactions and with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Annual performance review.
2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.