Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Advanced Practice Provider
(Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner)
The Division of Urology in the Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine has an opening for a full time Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant position at the rank of Instructor in Colorado Springs.
The faculty member will provide patient care services at Children's Hospital Colorado, Children's Colorado Briargate and the UCHealth Memorial System, in Colorado Springs. This position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for ambulatory pediatric urology patients, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of health care resources throughout the continuum of care. NP/PA should be comfortable seeing patients in the outpatient setting autonomously with input from surgeons. This position allows the NP/PA the opportunity to lead and develop patient therapeutic and diagnostic models. This position will also require assisting the surgeon in the operating room at Children's Hospital Colorado and UCHealth Memorial system.
Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing new patients, follow-up, and post-op visits
- Order necessary tests / procedures; locate studies as directed or indicated
- Lead Dysfunctional Elimination Seminars and follow this patient population closely
- Communicate with PCPs re: patient status
- Perform inpatient pediatric urology consultations
- Assist house staff (e.g. write admission and discharge orders)
- Participate in the educational, research, quality improvement and consultant services of the Pediatric Urology Program
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Masters degree in Nursing required, or a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant school.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/ Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges.
- Meets and maintains the requirements of the Nursing Credential Review Board for the Advanced Practice Nurse/ Physician Assistant.
- Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Hold certification to be first assistant in operating room
- Demonstrated skill in outpatient surgical care
- Demonstrated surgical skill appropriate for first assistant in operating room
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching ability
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09535
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20341 - SOM-SRG-UR DIV Clinical
Posting Date: May 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kirk McCrimmon
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00733369