Admin Assistant II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Facilities Management Department - Mail Center
Administrative Assistant II
Position #702982 - Requisition 09343
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Administrative Assistant II is to process incoming and outgoing United States Postal Service interdepartmental mail for the University and its affiliates by sorting and distributing the individuals and departmental mail into the appropriate mail slots and offices.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Deliver mail to the various mail rooms, placing the mail in the appropriate, secure mail slots.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers who utilize the Mail Center which includes all phone conversations and email exchanges with customers.
- Pick up interdepartmental and USPS mail to be appropriately distributed, which requires operating a university vehicle.
- Apply appropriate postage to all outgoing mail following USPS rules and regulations.
- Sort mail from USPS on a daily basis, requiring standing for long periods of time. Place mail in appropriate tubs to be delivered to the correct mail room slots.
- Repetitively lift mail tubs weighing between 20 to 25 lbs.
- Check names and departments on individual pieces of mail, and enter data using a computer.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $2,723/ month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
Two years of general clerical experience
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to possess and maintain a State of Colorado Driver's License.
- Must be willing and able to pass a complete criminal background check and motor vehicle check
- Must be able to read and comprehend as well as speak and communicate in English.
- Must be able to understand and use basic math skills.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a constant basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation
- Experience operating postage metering machines.
- Experience sorting high volumes of mail on a daily basis.
- Experience operating a vehicle to deliver mail to different locations.
- Experience working in a mail services center in an institution of higher education.
- Experience performing data entry.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until May 22, 2017 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 60028 - ADM-AVCFO Other FS Mail Center
Posting Date: May 10, 2017
Closing Date: May 22, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Shala Massey
Posting Contact Email: Shala.Massey@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00702982