Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
UCD seeks applicants for full-time Histocompatibility Technologist (Professional Research Assistant) to work at the ClinImmune Labs, located in the Bioscience Park Center in Aurora, CO. ClinImmune Labs provides histocompatibility and immunogenetics testing for human organ and stem cell transplantation and basic science research, including 24/7 on-call services.
Primary responsibilities include preparation and testing of blood samples for human histocompatibility testing for solid organ or hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Participation in research and quality assurance initiatives is expected. On-call duties may be required to support 24/7 coverage of services to transplant programs. Tests performed include typing of human leukocyte genes by sequencing and probe binding technologies. ABO typing, HLA antibody (PRA) testing, and donor/recipient crossmatch testing. Employee is required to follow quality control/assurance and safety protocols including reagent preparation, equipment maintenance, and continuing education.
Applications must demonstrate an ability to ensure accuracy in sample identity, sample testing, data entry and results reporting. Employee must work well as a team member and independently to complete duties and assignments in a timely fashion. Attention to turn-around time of testing and reporting is essential as well as professional communication with co-workers, organ procurement staff and transplant clinicians. Employee training may include primary and back-up rotations to provide 24/7 lab service coverage.
On-call duties include carrying a mobile phone and performing call-back duties after regular working hours, including donor organ allocation communication, cell isolation and crossmatch testing. On-call pay for carrying the mobile phone and cases worked in call-back situations are paid in addition to regular salary.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Baccalaureate degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited college or university or possess a baccalaureate degree with at least 24 semester hours of science courses that include - (i) Six semester hours of chemistry; (ii) Six semester hours of biology; and (iii) Twelve semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination.
- PhD in human immunogenetics, human histocompatibility and/or human transplantation immunology testing.
- ABHI certification as a Histocompatibility Technologist (CHT) and/or Histocompatibility Specialist (CHS).
- Medical Technologist (MT) certification.
- Research background in immunogenetics or immunology.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9529
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20174 - SOM-MED-Clinical Immunology
Posting Date: May 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tate Hermanson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00697771