Billingual Chinese Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Allied Pacific Wellness Center (AP Wellness Center). They are responsible for planning, coordinating, and evaluating programming presented to the Wellness Center members consistent with the goals of Allied Pacific of California (APC) IPA to promote preventative care and to enhance the patient healthcare services. The AP Wellness program includes opportunities for socialization, education, physical fitness, health screenings, nutrition, and chronic disease intervention services designed to improve the quality of life for the senior citizen participants. In addition, they will assist the Program Manager and Director with planning, and coordination of programs that will advance the mission and goals of the Allied Pacific Wellness Center to provide a comprehensive Senior Citizen Wellness Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works under the general supervision of the Program Manager.
• Coordinates, implements, oversees, and evaluates the programs and services for older adults provided by the Wellness Center.
• Maintains accurate records of class registration, program and special event participation.
• Works with the Program Manager to schedule classes.
• Coordinates class registration.
• Assists with coordinating Instructors' individual and overall class schedule.
• Assists with Instructor recruitment, training, evaluation, and retention.
• Communicates regularly with Instructors.
• Assists in the planning and development of new programs.
• Communicates with AP Wellness Center members to enhance development of the program and encourage participation.
• Works with the Assistant Director to ensure adequate volunteer support.
• Creates publicity for all City of Industry Programs.
• Assists with the publicity for all AP Wellness Center programs including brochures, flyers, website, press releases, the bi-monthly newsletter, and large mailings.
• Works with community agencies and resources on the provision of services and the coordination of existing programs.
• Works with the Director to develop the special event calendar.
• Assists with the planning of special events.
• Assists with regular evaluation of the program and strategizing for the future.
• Coordinates seasonal decorations for holidays and special events.
• Maintains accurate records, and completes weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
• As this program is still in the development phase currently unknown duties may be assigned.
Must be able to read, write and speak English. In addition, must be able to speak Mandarin and Cantonese. Additional languages such as Spanish is helpful to communicate with members and the community and to answer questions about the program. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Qualified applicants will have a minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent), college degree preferred, and two years increasingly responsible experience in wellness, social or human services working with senior citizens, or a related field is highly desirable.
Network Medical Management, Inc. (NMM) is a growing Management Services Organization (MSO) based in Alhambra, CA. The company provides comprehensive management services to Independent Physicians Associations (IPA) and medical groups.
Wed, 10 May 2017 11:41:38 PDT