DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS
JOB NO.: 90613-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: FP&M PP DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
Categories: Facilities, Skilled Trades, Maintenance, Management/Supervisory, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90613-AS
Working Title: Director of Maintenance Operations
Official Title: ASC DIR, UNSPEC (10)(M96FN)
Hiring Department: A715100-FACILITIES PLNG AND MGMT/FP&M PP DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 28, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $83,481 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major studies in facility management, construction, and/or engineering related discipline strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Ten years of demonstrated progressive experience in leadership and management of personnel and programs related to facility maintenance, construction and operations.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, Physical Plant, located in the Division of Facilities Planning & Management, the Director of Maintenance Operations is responsible for the overall maintenance operation services for the University of Wisconsin - Madison campus. The 936-acre campus is comprised of more than 380 buildings containing more than 25 million gross square feet, with 120 of these buildings housing major instructional and research facilities. The Director of Maintenance Operations will lead a team of 200+ skilled maintenance trades personnel, including technical staff and outside contractors, to protect and maintain University assets, assist with construction projects, and promote environmental sustainability.
* Strong demonstrated capabilities in planning, budgeting, and management in a large complex institution or organization.
* Demonstrated leadership, supervision, and management skills, including the ability to effectively motivate work groups and employees around defined and agreed upon common team and individual goals with measurable KPIs. Prior experience working in an OPEN SHOP a plus.
* Skill in communication: oral, written, active listening, conflict resolution and the ability to deal with difficult and sensitive situations in a positive manner.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships, including the ability to negotiate and solve problems with multiple constituencies. Support staff in creating a positive and inclusive workplace.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with CMMS implementation and database utilization to develop KPIs, which support priorities, decisions, and recommendations.
* Demonstrated achievement of multicultural goals, including recruitment and retention of diverse staff and the ability to support a culturally diverse workforce in working collaboratively and effectively to manage change, and to achieve organizational goals.
* Emergency Response during off hours may be required to ensure employee and/or facility safety and operation continuity for FP&M and/or our campus partners.
* Ability to respond to daily challenges while staying focused on long-term goals.
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 10 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 23 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time