Manager of Grants & Contracts
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Architecture and Planning
Manager of Grants and Contracts (Research Services Program Manager)
Position #00693696 - Requisition number 08813
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Architecture and Planning has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Research Services Program Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the Development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.
The position manages the sponsored programs and financial contracts of the College of Architecture and Planning including Pre Award preparation and Post Award management. This includes coordinating the externally funded activities of CAP (sponsored programs) including proposal review and preparation; providing program-related financial management support-including training and instruction-to CAP faculty, principal investigators, project managers, staff, and students. Position is responsible for ensuring CAP compliance with University policies as appropriate; collaborating with the Assistant Dean of Finance and Administration and the Assistant Director of Finance to develop and implement processes related to the oversight of sponsored program expenditures; and serving as the liaison between the College and the University of Colorado Denver Office of Grants and Contracts.
Salary and Benefits:
Expected hiring range is $62,000 to $70,000 commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, finance, accounting, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, financial management, and/or budget development.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for managing the sponsored programs and financial contracts.
- Master's degree in higher education, business administration, finance, accounting, or other closely related field.
- At least three years' experience working with grants and contracts in higher education, non-profit, government, or medical setting. Certified Research Administrator (CRA) designation.
- University of Colorado experience in grants and contracts.
- Experience using proposal submission systems such as FastLane and Grants.gov.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines, work under pressure, and organize multiple projects or tasks.
- Ability to understand and apply university policies and procedures, as well as the laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, sub-awards and subcontracts.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to John Semple at John.Semple@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 3/27/2017. Those who do not apply by 3/27/2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30116 - CAP-Admin & Instruction Svcs
Posting Date: Mar 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: John Semple
Posting Contact Email: John.Semple@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00693696