JOB NO.: 90580-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: ENGR/MECHANCIAL ENGR
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90580-AS
Working Title: Accountant
Official Title: ACCOUNTANT(R10DN) or ASSOC ACCOUNTANT(R10FN)
Hiring Department: A196200-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/MECHANCIAL ENGR
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 15, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred but not required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting field. Preference for previous University experience.
2. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
3. Thorough knowledge of UW and State of Wisconsin budgeting and appropriation regulations and restrictions, on variety of account types such as revenue, gift, GPR, UW Foundation and Restricted funds, UW Trust funds, Federal grants, interagency agreements, contracts, etc.
4. Awareness of the impact of economic and financial market factors on endowed/restricted funds.
5. Ability to determine policies, set practices, develop and maintain an accounting program in a complex accounting environment.
6. Comprehension of and ability to use relational database software as well as ability to build, maintain and update a customized accounting system. Solid skills with UW programs such as WISDM, WISPER, Effort Reporting, E-Reimbursement and software such as Excel, MS word.
7. Willingness and initiative to keep knowledge of accounting, finance, software and business technologies up-to-date, and to initiate changes when appropriate.
8. Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills as well as ability to independently determine priorities and interpret State, UW, Federal and Granting Authority regulations.
9. Strong oral and written communications skills.
10. Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
11. Well-developed analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
12. Ability to maintain good working relationships with department chair, faculty, administrator, staff, campus and college accounting and research administration staff, and sponsors.
This position provides post-award management support and financial support services for the Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The Accountant in this position would be responsible for financial oversight, reconciliation, operational data analysis and reporting for research grants and other department funds held by faculty and academic staff. This position must independently audit, prepare and present reports on all funds to the Department Chair and faculty as appropriate. This position requires a strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards in addition to college, university, UW Trust and UW Foundation operating procedures and policies. The accountant plays an integral part in development of policies and procedures for the successful financial management, forecasting, and reporting of research funds and is a primary financial support person.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants will need to upload a cover letter and resume by the assured consideration date.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 10 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 7 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time