DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
JOB NO.: 90673-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Dean, Director, Executive, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 90673-AS
Working Title: Director of Professional Learning
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN) or ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 15, 2017
Term: This position will end on JULY 14, 2019.
Minimum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
MS/MA is required; Ph.D. is preferred in education, linguistics or similar discipline.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* A minimum of 5 years' experience leading professional learning programs, preferably in or related to a pre-K-12 or academic environments, involving multi-disciplinary teams of trainers, program managers, administrative coordinators, graduate students, and consultants.
* Experience managing or directing Professional Learning programs designed for pre-K- 12 setting required.
* Superior writing, communication and presentation skills.
* Teaching experience with English language learners (ELLs) required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the field of second language acquisition including the use of English language proficiency (ELP) standards; the role of academic language in content learning, and research-based instructional practices.
* Experience in the development of organizational systems, on-going strategic planning, administration, and management of projects, deadlines and budgets.
* Experience developing strategic partnerships with other national institutions in the prek-12 arena.
* Experience directing qualitative and quantitative research.
* Experience writing scientific papers and grant proposals in the areas of language acquisition, educator effectiveness, and education policy & leadership.
* Familiarity with the WIDA ELP Assessment system, which includes ELP standards, assessments and professional learning preferred.
* Additional training and coursework in management, administration, and supervision preferred.
License or certificate:
ESL licensure or bilingual certification preferred.
This position is located in the World Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Project within the Wisconsin Center for Education Research, which offers research assessments, professional learning, and technical assistance to support the language development of Pre-k-12 students. The Professional Learning program offerings, workshops, resources, materials and courses for educators in the field, as well as a growing program of asynchronous online educator resources. This position will lead the research and evaluation of innovative professional learning initiatives and will collaborate as a co-investigator on professional learning research grants.
This position may be made renewable after 2 years pending additional funding.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position please upload a a cover letter addressed to Kelly Krahenbuhl, current resume, and the names and provide contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 10 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 13 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time