Nursing Clinical Instructor
Seeking clinical instructor to teach in either a medical/surgical area, or behavior health.
Clinical instruction is one 12 hour shift/week.
Individual may be asked to help out in lab activities on campus as available.
1) Demonstrates and teaches patient care in live clinical units to nursing students and instructs students in principles and application of physical, biological, and psychological subjects related to nursing.
2) Supervises student nurses and demonstrates patient care in clinical units of hospital.
3) Evaluates student progress, and maintains records of student's clinical experience.
4) Cooperates with medical and nursing personnel in evaluating and improving teaching and nursing practices.
5) May specialize in specific subject, such as in a type of nursing activity, such as nursing of medical or surgical patients, or of a specialty area, such as maternal-child, pediatrics, or mental health.
- Masters degree or higher in a nursing (will consider a BSN prepared nurse with required experience)
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Kansas and/or Missouri (depending on the location of the facility).
- Current CPR Healthcare Provider Certification.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Clinical days will be either Wednesdays or Thursdays (12 hour day shift)
Please submit resume and cover letter