Maintenance of Way Operating Rules Instructor
Educate, train and promote MW personnel on rules, practices, and procedures with particular emphasis on Maintenance of Way Operating Rules, as required by federal regulation and BNSF policy. Work with the BNSF to provide consistent rules application information to field personnel. Position requires significant travel for extended periods of time.
- Individual must have a thorough understanding of MW rules, and state/federal regulations.
- Must be MW Rules qualified.
- Strong communications and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of GCOR, DAD, and OPT is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HLCS and PTC are highly desirable.
- Applicant must have the ability to work independently.
- A minimum of five years of track, signal, structures, work equipment or telecommunications experience or the equivalent combination of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Education (or any related field) with work experience is required.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
For full consideration apply before
Open Until Filled
Hours per Week
Please submit resume and cover letter.