Financial & Administrative Officer - Biomedical Sciences
Salary: $65,700 - $129,300
Title: Financial & Administrative Officer - Biomedical Sciences
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Biomedical Sciences
Date Posted: 05/10/2017
Position Information: Under the direction of the Chair of Biomedical Sciences, the Financial and Administrative Officer will provide leadership in the management of financial, personnel, administrative, teaching and research support, communication, planning and special projects. Directly supervises two career FTE and will provide general management support and guidance to lab personnel.
Minimum Requirements: Solid interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
Solid knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; accounting and payroll.
Solid skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify resolution.
Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others.
Solid organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Demonstrated skills in employee supervision and HR administration.
Demonstrated skill in quantitative analysis, financial and statistical techniques and fiscal projections
Proven ability to make independent decisions, analyze situations, solve problems, and initiate actions for the effective management of a large and complex unit. Ability to function effectively as a member of a management team and to identify and resolve organizational problems.
Preferred Qualifications: Solid knowledge of the organizations processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and/or personnel management within labor contract(s) and personnel policy.
Solid knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview