Auditor IV - Senior Audit Consultant
Job Title Auditor IV - Senior Audit Consultant
Internal Title Senior Audit Consultant
Requisition Number 011742
Minimum Salary $43,956
Salary Range $43,956 - $73,935
Pay Basis Annually
Department Audit & Advisory Services
Campus USC Columbia
Expected Fill Date
Job Posting Date 05-10-2017
Minimum Posting Period Ends 05-16-2017
Job Close Date 06-02-2017
Type of Position
Job Type Full-Time
Job Category Professional/Administrative
If Research Grant/Time Limited, indicate the benefits provided
The Senior Auditor/Senior Audit Consultant is responsible for completing or assisting in all stages of audit and advisory engagements across the University system to provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended. This involves planning, performing, and documenting the results of operational, financial, and compliance engagements.
The Senior Auditor/Senior Audit Consultant will interact with many levels of University administration and is expected to possess strong communication skills. The candidate is expected to work under general supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Bachelor's degree with 12 semester hours in accounting related courses and 4 years accounting/auditing experience.
High analytical proficiency, with the ability to assimilate complex information quickly.
Skilled in clearly communicating both details and synopses to variety of audiences in both verbal and written forms.
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA) or in active pursuit of certification
- Master's degree in a business-related area
- Internal audit experience
- Public accounting experience
The following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities are also desired:
- Sound business acumen and varied work experience
- Ability to establish and maintain objectivity while providing superior customer service
- Adept at leveraging technology to prepare analyses, summaries, reports, and memos
- Knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Experienced in multi-tasking and time management to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with forensic accounting and investigative work
- Knowledge of higher education industry policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
Documents which must be associated with this posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
SOC Code 13-2011