Clerk Typist (Student Health Services)
The Clerk Typist, under the direction of the Office Manager for Student Wellness and the Director of Student Health Services, will support development and maintenance of clerical procedures and services within the Wellness Center. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to maintain a smoothly functioning office.
The responsibilities of this position include working independently and as a member of a team under moderate supervision to:
- Perform clerical duties within the Wellness Center,
- Oversee the department’s student workers,
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with all health records and other confidential files,
- Understand employee time sheets, purchasing and budgetary needs,
- Collaborate with other university departments to maintain a full functioning Wellness Center,
- Maintain intercollegiate athletic clearance records,
- Maintain compliance to state-mandated immunization requirements,
- Maintain workman’s compensation paperwork,
- Respond to student & visitor walk-in requests,
- Data entry into our electronic health records (EHR) system,
- Copy, scan, and shred paperwork related to student files and other office operations,
- Maintain student files by accurately organizing and filing student paperwork,
- Maintain the Wellness Center daily deposit with compilation and organization of monies and office financial documents,
- Coordinate with staff using the EHR and Outlook calendars to schedule interoffice meetings, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Some evening and weekend hours will be required to complete the duties of this position. Please note that this position is subject to the NJ First Act, requiring public employees to establish residency in the State of New Jersey. See N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70) for further information.
- Candidates will be required to take and pass a typing test at 40 wpm or higher or show proof of passing a NJ CSC test or Rowan University typing test in the past. The test will only be scheduled for candidates selected for interview.
- Previous relevant clerical experience
- Accurate data entry and record-keeping skills; experience creating reports, charts, and tables
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with EHR system preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Discretion and professionalism in dealing with sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal communication, customer service skills, and excellent telephone etiquette
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, be well-organized and task-oriented, perform effectively under pressure and adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.