Program Coordinator - Liberal Studies Program
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Program Coordinator provides support to the Director of Liberal Studies and oversees the academic advising program while supervising Student Workers, participating in program assessment and development, organizing the office and implementing current procedures to create a welcoming and loving environment that assists all students in their UG degree and other academic department's on-campus.
- BA/BS Degree.
- Three-Five years' experience in a client-based, service-oriented environment with background/knowledge in multiple subject educational programs preferred.
- Some university setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Assists in collaboration with the Program Director of Liberal Studies while bringing leadership to the program, especially in matters of problem situations with graduation and academic advising; along with Staff and Student Assistant(s).
- Assists with the academic advising of Liberal Studies majors including new incoming and transfer students, continuing students, intent to graduate process, and graduation requirements.
- Organizes Liberal Studies academic advising seasons two times a year, and leads Liberal Studies representation for multiple new student orientation for incoming students during Spring and Summer.
- Serves as a representative for the Education (K-8)/Liberal Studies program during Preview, Academic Connect, Student Orientation weekends, pre-registration advising at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters, and collaboration with Community Colleges.
- Manages and assists in all Exit Review Interviews and Research Survey Assessment(s) for all graduating students each semester.
- Assists prospective students with application process, transferable courses, while managing up-to-date files on all Liberal Studies students from the time of admission through completion.
- Maintains collaboration with teacher education, credential analysts, graduate admissions, graduate financial aid, and Liberal Studies faculty.
- Serves current and future students with the Director of Liberal Studies by serving as an information center regarding the Liberal Studies Program.
- Serves the faculty of the program including Full-time and Adjuncts.
- Serves as a liaison in improving interaction, flow, and communication between the UG registrar, UG admissions, and other departments associated with Liberal Studies Program including problem issues pertaining to petitioning approvals and procedures.
- Updates UG Catalog with the Director of Liberal Studies, Associate Dean of CLAS, and Director of Academic Advising Office.
- Oversees management of data collection by partnering with other undergraduate departments for accreditation, program review, and state certification programs (TaskStream and WASC Accreditation).
- Collects and reports data for annual report and annual plan on behalf of program.
- Assists with managing the budget for the Liberal Studies program(s). Monitors monthly budget transactions and facilitates financial transactions, purchase orders, and any supply orders.
- Manages course revisions and textbook requisitions with all liberal studies faculty each semester.
- Prepare and submit faculty contracts, supplemental services agreements, and overload forms.
- Coordinates textbook orders, desk copies, supplemental materials, and IDEA forms for full and adjunct faculty.
- Manages and Coordinates with Center of Academic Service Learning and Research along with designated faculty, all Liberal Studies Student Placements for service learning projects.
- Supervises, leads, trains, schedules, and evaluates part-time Staff and any student assistants for the Liberal Studies office; as well as; coordinating the maintenance of the student assistant handbook.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.