Assistant Professor in Management, Information Technology
The Department of Management at the Oregon Tech invites applications for two full-time, 9-month faculty positions at our Klamath Falls and Wilsonville campuses. These positions will be either non-tenure or tenure-track depending on the successful candidates’ qualifications, and will begin in September 2017. Oregon Tech's faculty salaries are competitive with our comparative institutions, and are accompanied by excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and significant tuition discounts for the faculty member’s spouse or dependents at the seven public universities in Oregon.
We seek a motivated, collaborative colleague with a focus and enthusiasm for teaching in a small class environment. Applicants must have a strong commitment to supporting student success, and dedication to high-quality undergraduate instruction with a hands-on emphasis. Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity. The tenure-eligible position requires the ability to balance teaching, continual development of professional skills, and service to the university and department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and teaching courses in networking and cyber security with a solid understanding of computer architecture and organization, operating systems and fundamental computer science topics. The person in the position will be also be responsible for providing students with continuous and timely feedback both informally and through the assessment process, collaborating with faculty to continually update programs and courses, advising students, directing student projects, and participating in continuous professional development and other service activities.
About the University:
Oregon Tech is a polytechnic state-supported university offering associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degree programs in applied technologies, engineering, health professions, applied sciences, and management. Oregon Tech’s mission is to provide our students an intimate hands-on learning environment focusing on application of theory to practice. Oregon Tech serves traditional and non-traditional students and has multiple campuses and extension locations throughout the state.
Our main campus is situated in the Klamath Basin overlooking the scenic Upper Klamath Lake, nestled in a small city surrounded by natural beauty, and within easy driving distance of Crater Lake National Park, Lava Beds National Monument in Tulelake, California, and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon. The residential campus in Klamath Falls is complemented by our urban campus in Wilsonville in the Portland metropolitan area.
- Bachelors in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Five (5) years of industry experience highly required
- Five (5) years’ experience applying a systems development methodology to technology projects
- Experience with one (1) or more of the following disciplines in addition to Networking/Security: Data Administration, Programming, and IT Technologies
- Prior teaching experience in higher education in networking and/or cyber security for both lecture and laboratory courses
- Master’s in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. (Required to qualify for the Assistant Professor, tenure-track position
- Experience with enterprise networking
- CCNA or equivalent, CCNP or equivalent
- CISSP certification or equivalent
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining next generation firewalls and security appliances, specific experience with Fortinet systems
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2-2016, MCSA/MCITP/MCSE
- Experience with Linux operating systems, experience working with Kali Linux
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Experience with Enterprise Storage Solutions (NAS/SAN), specific experience with Nimble Storage arrays
- Experience working with public cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud
- Experience with scripting/programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, C#, C++
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiar with the ITIL framework, ITILv3 Foundations certification
How to Apply:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply provide all of the following documents: (1) a cover letter including your desired work location (Klamath Falls and/or Wilsonville campus); (2) a curriculum vita; (3) a statement of your teaching and research agendas; and (4) three letters of reference.
Please send all application materials to email@example.com. Be sure to reference job #17-66024 in the subject line of the email. Application materials also may be mailed to Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 or faxed to (541) 851-5200.
For further information contact Lindy Stewart, Search Committee Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Oregon Tech’s website at www.oit.edu.