Faculty Affairs Administrator
Faculty Affairs Administrator
Job Number: 74876
The Department of Biochemistry, on the Stanford campus is seeking an Administrative Associate/Faculty Affairs Administrator to provide administrative or operational support to Faculty and to serve as the Department Faculty Affairs Administrator. Will provide administrative support for four faculty members and their laboratories: Prepares and secures travel arrangements and reimbursements, handles correspondence and shipments, schedules conferences and seminars, acts as a liaison between departments and other Stanford and external personnel, visitors, staff and vendors. Additionally, will assist in the preparation of grant applications and progress reports from draft to submission, perform literature searches, generate letters and correspondence, and coordinate publication of manuscripts with publishing companies. Originates and maintains files and databases on funding support and portfolios for faculty, respective lab members and alumni. Documents publications in professional journals for faculty including manuscripts, articles for publication, books, book chapters and book reviews. As Faculty Affairs Administrator, will coordinate faculty searches, and serve as an advisor for faculty affairs transactions, e.g. promotion, reappointments, leaves of absence, etc.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking.
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.