Computer Lab Coordinator- Cascade Campus
Computer Lab Coordinator- Cascade Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09039
Location: Cascade Campus
Address: 705 N Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Level 18; Fulltime, Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $3,089 - $3,156 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
The Computer Labs Coordinator makes sure things are running smoothly in the lab. They assist Lab Assistants, Work Study, Student Workers, and Students when needed. The Computer Labs Coordinator verifies that computers, printers, and other equipment is working properly. The Computer Labs Coordinator provides status updates to the IT Manager and other staff.
This position is located on the Cascade Campus.
Hours are Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm; Second shift (with swing shift 2 1/2 percent differential )
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
1. Opens and closes the computer labs and provides for the general cleanliness, safety and security of the laboratory area. Reports maintenance problems as they occur. Establishes and enforces procedures for the use of the laboratory area and the use of equipment, supplies, materials, software, hardware and peripherals. Addresses problems with students who do not follow established procedures or exhibit disruptive behavior.
2. Oversees the work of student help, work-study and casual employees to include hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring performance and dismissal as appropriate. Manages the budget and documents and maintains employee records for payroll purposes.
3. Maintains and inventories computers, software, printers, equipment, materials, and supplies. Disposes of surplus equipment and software in accordance with established procedures. Performs minor maintenance and repair on equipment and maintains contact with appropriate vendors to coordinates repairs. Researches equipment needs and orders materials and supplies as necessary.
4. Works with students individually and in groups to provide direct assistance in their access to computer technology; orients students to the laboratory and helps students who are learning to use specific software and hardware. Develops and maintains instructions for use of specific software. Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems with computer equipment.
5. Provides students, staff, instructors and the public with information relating to the computer laboratory both over the phone and in person.
6. Maintains records of activities undertaken in support of the computer lab. Develops and prepares reports from statistical database.
7. Prepares flyers and organizes open houses to promote and market the computer labs. Prepares and conducts classroom presentations.
8. Maintains web pages for computer labs.
Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and two years of post-secondary education in a computer related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the post-secondary education on a year-for year basis.
Experience: Two years of experience supporting computer laboratory activities, or administrative support experience that encompasses the training and directing of staff and coordination of facility coverage in a customer service environment.
Knowledge of: Computer equipment and related software; effective coordination and supervisory techniques.
Ability to: Train and lead others; Communicate in a group/classroom setting; Provide assistance and problem solve a variety of basic computer related issues; enforce policies and procedures and maintain a positive customer service environment; Recruit, work with and supervise a culturally, racially and gender diverse work group.
- Experience working with students using computer systems including MyPCC and Desire 2 Learn and desktop software such as google suite and Microsoft Office or similiar.
- Familiarity with pay-to-print software for students such as Go-Print.
- Understanding of service desk ticketing process for technical support calls. We use Dell KBox Service Desk.
- Experience with logon authentication systems for student access to computers. We use an internally developed system, CLAS, for student logon authentication to computers.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.