Software Developer 2
Software Developer 2
Job Number: 74880
PharmGKB.org is a leader in the field of pharmacogenomics and precision medicine. We combine our curators' scientific expertise with our developers' coding expertise to catalog and deliver valuable knowledge to our users and collaborators. Our coders gather data from many sources and deliver knowledge to our users via web applications, REST APIs, and desktop applications.
Applicants are not required to have biological or medical background. The best applicants will have a clear and working understanding of how to build modern web sites and services while taking the lead on projects in a small team of other developers. A good candidate will be comfortable working with server-side code like Java and modern web frameworks like React.js.
- Design, develop, and support software and systems for serving the needs of PharmGKB.
- Work with scientific curators, collaborators, and general-public users to research and develop tools that serve the needs of all the people we work with
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into our system.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Mentor lower level software developers.
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying web applications.
- Proficiency with web application design and data modeling.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.