Marketing and Recruitment Manager
INTO George Mason University (INTO Mason) is a joint venture between George Mason University and INTO North America. INTO Mason’s unique programs for international students provide tailored academic and English language instruction coupled with a highly supportive learning environment that supports adjustment to life in the U.S. and long-term academic success.
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax, and Prince William as well as at learning locations across the Commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create. Mason is only minutes from the nation's capital, close to cultural activities, excellent schools, and vibrant neighborhoods in a region known for its dynamic growth.
INTO is an organization working in partnership with leading universities and investing in the development of world class international student centers. Each INTO center is managed by a board in which INTO and the partner university are equal shareholders. Since 2006, INTO has successfully launched partnerships with 21 universities in the United Kingdom, United States and Asia.
This position will lead the strategic planning for and the implementation of the INTO Mason international recruitment and marketing plan to build brand recognition in key markets and drive international student enrollment to the INTO Mason University programs and George Mason University degree seeking programs.
Responsible for meeting the international enrollment targets developed in accordance with the INTO Mason strategic plan and the INTO Mason partnership. This position will utilize an extensive network of on and off-campus resources including alumni, government organizations, institutional partners, key faculty contacts, INTO’s global recruitment network as well as INTO regional offices to assist in this effort. This position will work closely with the University’s Office of International Programs and Office of Admissions; the INTO Mason Executive Director; and the INTO North America Sr. Recruitment Director and Marketing Communications Director to develop the strategy and to drive recruitment of international students.
The Marketing and Recruitment Manager reports directly to the INTO George Mason University Executive Director, with functional responsibility to the INTO North America Senior Director of Recruitment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan which includes participation in global recruitment activities such as exhibitions, seminars, alumni events, etc. to build the George Mason University brand globally and drive international enrollments across all programs.
- Establish country-by-country strategies in coordination with INTO regional offices to reach recruitment goals in particular countries and regions.
- Develop best practices for George Mason University and INTO Mason international recruitment and actively work to promote a diverse international student population.
- Use analytical methods to identify recruitment and advertising opportunities and frequently update appropriate staff with regards to progress towards goals and centres enrolment numbers.
- Travel extensively throughout the world to promote George Mason University (up to 30%) and its academic and language programs. Support recruitment efforts by INTO University Partnership’s regional offices.
- Provide on-going training, support and detailed program knowledge to external marketing and recruitment partners. Support global partners at promotional events in order to accurately represent George Mason University program offerings.
- Provide on-going training, updates and support to INTO University Partnership’s (IUP’s) regional office staff and global recruitment network.
- Work closely with the George Mason University International Admissions team to ensure that accurate information about programs, requirements and admissions processes are communicated to potential applicants and IUP regional offices.
Marketing and Communication
- Collaborate with INTO North America’s Marketing Communications staff and Recruitment Directors on the development of recruitment marketing materials and tools to drive enrolment to George Mason University Programs.
- Manage and oversee during the annual brochure production process to ensure accuracy in representing INTO George Mason University and university programs and services
Nurturing Strategic Relationships
- Cultivate and maintain solid, loyal relationships with US-focused recruitment channels including education counsellors, government and sponsoring organizations, feeder institutions and articulations partners.
- Act as primary contact point and resource of in-depth knowledge for INTO’s regional offices regarding all facets of George Mason University and INTO George Mason University programs.
- Responsibility for the line management of the Marketing Specialist, Assistant Marketing and Recruitment Manager and of the Marketing team in general.
- Manage the Center’s annual marketing and recruitment budget and provide regular reports showing progress against recruitment goals.
- Manage INTO George Mason University scholarships and the scholarship budget.
- Serve as the Center leadership team’s marketing and recruitment expert.
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience working with international students, recruiting international students, or working in university recruitment or admissions.
- Demonstrated management experience including budget and financial management processes, public relations, strategic planning, and people management.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds using various communication platforms (email, Skype, social media).
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, global work environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at attracting diverse applicants
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, international relations or related area.
- Master’s degree
- Professional experience in recruiting international students to US colleges or universities
- Experience working in a university setting
- Experience living, working or studying outside of the United States
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM/database system
This position is based at the George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia campus.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is an exempt full-time position with a full benefit package including Medical, Dental, and Life. We offer up to 6% match on 401k, professional development, tuition assistance, 10 paid holidays, and 22 days of PTO. We offer a positive work environment, casual Fridays (wear your Green and Gold), on-site dining, adjacent parking and company sponsored events. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please click the following link to submit your resume and three professional references with contact information. In addition, you MUST submit a relevant cover letter addressing your qualifications for this position at INTO Mason:
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.