Adjunct Faculty, German
The Department of Languages & Literatures is an undergraduate department offering nine modern languages, including majors in French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish, minors in those languages plus Chinese, Hebrew, Japanese, and Latin, and electives in Arabic and classical Greek.
Adjunct German Faculty members teach 4-credit undergraduate courses at the introductory level. The specific courses involved may vary from quarter to quarter and openings to teach these courses develop on a periodic basis, depending on department teaching needs. Some of the Adjunct Faculty's responsibilities include grading and returning assignments and assessments in a timely manner, reporting grades, preparing class materials, holding office hours, providing guidance and support to students, and replying to email communication from students and colleagues. Adjunct faculty are compensated at a rate of $4000 per course.
- Master's degree in German, education or linguistics.
- Proficient fluency in German and English.
- College teaching experience substantiated by letters of recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience or evidence of a commitment to incorporate inclusive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to engage broadly diverse student populations throughout a course.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, technologies, principles and practices of foreign language instruction.
To be coordinated with department chair.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Applications may be submitted after this date but are not assured of consideration.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Ingrid Weyher, Assistant to the Chair at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Two letters of reference
- Unedited teaching video clip of an elementary German class (maximum 15 min.), OR 2-3 activities or projects that reflect your teaching philosophy.
Letters of recommendation and video clip links can be emailed or mailed to:University of Denver, Department of Languages and LiteraturesATTN: Ingrid Weyher, Assistant to the Chair2100 East Asbury, Sturm Hall 391FDenver, CO 80208-0931
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.