College Relations Associate
Implements and conducts recruitment activities towards potential student markets and works within targeted areas to increase enrollment activities. In addition, establishes external partnerships with businesses, educational facilities, and community agencies.
1. Provides prospective students with necessary admission information and counseling.
2. Performs registration functions and possible computer related recruitment.
3. Establishes and maintains relations with high school counselors, agency directors, business affiliates, and various other areas to facilitate student enrollment.
4. Represents Admissions Department and Student Services on campus committees.
5. Provides and helps organize campus tours.
6. Organizes and conducts recruitment visits and assists in preparing recruitment and outreach campaigns, marketing plans, and promotional materials.
7. Responsible for planning and delivering recruitment presentations.
8. Provides information to students, public, parents, faculty, and staff regarding instructional programs and student resources.
9. Counsels prospective students on instructional programs, course planning, financial aid, admissions, registration and general student services.
10. Attends various trade shows, community activities, and special events.
11. Assists with developing Internet and web-based functions for marketing, outreach, and recruitment activities.
12. Develops and maintains contracts with external organizations that offer potential recruitment and placement possibilities.
13. Responsible for the recruiting of an assigned academic area within the college and additionally targets low enrollment curriculums each semester as assigned by supervisor and/or Dean of Enrollment Services.
14. Develops annual enrollment-related goals, with supervisor and Dean's approval, for evaluation on at least a semi-annual basis.
15. Participates in extensive travel and is often required to work a varied schedule, including evenings, early mornings, and weekends.
16. Assists with the developing, planning, and implementation of new and existing recruitment and admissions related activities.
17. Works with assigned high schools to foster partnerships and increase enrollment per school.
18. Responsible for enhanced tracking of potential students and establishes initiatives that would improve follow-up.
19. Works with faculty in assigned areas on identifying additional marketing and recruitment initiatives designed to increase low enrollment programs.
20. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or the Dean of Enrollment Services.
Bachelor degree in Communication, Marketing-related, Public Relations, Personnel-related, or equivalent experience.
One to two years relevant experience in a marketing role and/or an understanding of the recruitment process, outreach activities, and public relations and marketing essentials. Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and experience working with diverse populations.
Demonstrated understanding of marketing, recruiting, outreach, and effective communication techniques.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and present information/presentations in a professional manner; aggressive recruiting skills; high level of interpersonal communication skills; strong initiative/self starter; computer literate.