Functional Title Accounting Lecturer
Position Type Non-Tenure Stream
The Bryan School of Business and Economics at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) is seeking to fill two non-tenure track positions at the rank of Lecturer in the Accounting area. The appointments are in the Department of Accounting and Finance (ACF) beginning fall of 2017. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The ACF Department consists of 12 full-time faculty members and offers B.S. degrees in both Accounting and Finance and an MS in Accounting. It is one of six academic departments of the Bryan School of Business and Economics, which has over 3,600 undergraduate and graduate students and more than 100 full- and part-time faculty members. Accredited in both business and accounting by AACSB, the Bryan School is the recipient of many honors and accolades. Our evening MBA was ranked 13th nationally by Bloomberg BusinessWeek (2013). Our students perform well in national competitions and have won numerous awards and our faculty members are active in scholarly research.
UNCG, one of the sixteen campuses in The University of North Carolina system, is engaged in a major campus expansion. Classified as a high research activity university, UNCG is also committed to high quality teaching to its more than 18,000 students in six colleges and schools. Another point of pride is that UNCG has the most ethnically and racially diverse student population in the UNC system.
- For the rank of Lecturer, the Department seeks candidates with at least a master's degree in accounting or related field from an accredited institution.
- Substantial, high-level professional experience in accounting or related field within the most recent five years is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Master in Accounting.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a professional designation such as Certified Public Accountant.
Candidates must be willing to work evenings and weekends in support of the teaching and service activities required of this position. Candidates must also be willing to teach online courses depending on department needs. Ideal candidates will, in addition to teaching 24 semester credit hours per year, take a leadership role in professional service and outreach, and help advance the mission of the Department, School and University. Preference will be given to candidates with prior teaching experience. Candidates in this position must remain professionally qualified by engaging in professional activities such as continuing education, consulting, firm internships, and actively working with accounting organizations. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Google Docs or similar products is preferred.
Tenure Status Not on Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions about the position, email email@example.com . To apply, candidates must upload all materials to Jobsearch.
Applications are required to include:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references
Recruitment Range $55,000.00 - $67,000.00
Org #-Department Accounting and Finance - 11812
Job Open Date 03/10/2017
For Best Consideration Date 03/31/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or have an earned Master's Degree in a related business field?
- * Do you have at least five years of high-level professional experience in accounting or related field?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your teaching experience, including number of years.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Rate yourself on your experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint.)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu