Male and Female Resident House Manager- Substance Abuse Facility
LIVE IN & NON LIVE IN STAFF
The Resident Manager is responsible for the supervision of clients in a social-model detoxification Residential, and/or Sober living setting. The Resident Manager shall provide a safe, supportive, and caring environment in which the clients will continue their recovery. The Resident Manager is expected to cooperate as a team member with Hope By The Sea management and clinical staff team. The Resident Manager has knowledge of and is culturally sensitive to clients and employees. He/she is knowledgeable of the treatment process and the problem issues presented by clients participating in Hope By The Sea's treatment programs. The Resident Manager is responsible to provide a safe, comfortable, and clean residence for clients during their treatment at Hope By The Sea.
1. GED and/or high school diploma (preferred)
2. Possess a valid California Driver's License
3. Preferably previous experience working in the field of recovery.
4. Minimum 90 days of sobriety if participating in a program of recovery.
5. Familiar with agency policies and procedures for Resident and the program goals and objectives.
6. CPR/First Aid Certification.
7. Current T.B. clearance.
8. Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with clients in a treatment setting.
9. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, supervisors, and clinical staff.
1. Uphold and enforce the agency's standards, policies and procedures, code of conduct, and rights of persons served.
2. Manage and supervise clients by enforcing program rules and guidelines.
3. Maintain overall upkeep and cleanliness of assigned facility.
4. Responsible for supervision of daily house chores (if applicable).
5. Report all health and safety hazards and facility and/or vehicle maintenance/repair problems to the Safety Officer.
6. Monitor and record client medications according to agency policies and procedures.
7. Monitor and report client behavior with medication side effects.
8. Provide safe, supervised, client transportation to scheduled off-site activities (12-Step meetings, outings, physician appointments, recreational and recovery-related activities, etc.)
9. Responsible for vehicle upkeep and conformance with Vehicle Safety Binder.
10. Maintain accurate monthly vehicle safety inspection and mileage records.
11. Conduct weekly random client urinalysis drug screens and document accordingly.
12. Immediately document and report critical incidents, behavioral incidents, and medication errors to Safety Officer and/or Program Director.
13. Participate in mandatory ongoing Health & Safety training as scheduled.
14. Participate in scheduled Human Resources training sessions.
15. Conduct residence orientation to new clients that includes reviewing safety drills and locations of fire extinguishers, emergency evacuation diagram, exit routes, evacuation procedures, and first-aid kits.
16. Responsible for client attendance of daily recovery activities as scheduled.
17. Conduct weekly client house meetings to discuss internal conflicts, review house rules, accept requests to see physician, review appointments for upcoming week.
18. Document all instances of infections diseases as described in infection prevention and control procedures located in Safety Binder.
19. Gain thorough understanding of facility Safety Binder and document accordingly.
20. Conduct emergency safety drills when announced by Safety Officer.
21. May provide suggestions to clients relating to personal experience, strength, and hope.
22. Refer client to his/her therapist/counselor for psychological/emotional issues.
23. Additional duties may be required if deemed necessary by administration.
At Hope by the Sea's California addiction treatment center, we believe in our clients inner strength and ability to change. We know that drug addicts and alcoholics can recover with a treatment program that is right for them. Hope by the Sea offers a number of different types of treatment programs, including our college track, Traditional 12 step track and Christian drug rehab, and a non- twelve step Alternative Treatment track that can serve more people than other treatment facilities. Our Staff is dedicated to helping people achieve long-term recovery so that they are able to again live normal lives.
Hope by the Sea's addiction treatment facility offers a residential detoxification program that aids in cleansing a person's mind, body, and spirit. It is important to start the treatment program with clarity so that new knowledge about how to live in recovery can be assimilated and retained. The detoxification process can range in severity and length of time depending on many factors such as the types of drugs used, a person's age, health, and the duration of prior drug use. No matter what the factors are, successful drug abuse treatment begins with individuals who desire change and staff members who are experienced at guiding patients through each step of the process.
When a person arrives at Hope by the Sea, an initial intake is performed by a medical professional to determine the type of detox that will best serve the individual. The detox process is a vital step in early recovery because addicts and alcoholics often want to stop using but are unable to fight their cravings alone.
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Tue, 9 May 2017 11:21:05 PDT