REVISED - Administrative Coordinator - Multiple Positions
The City University of New York's newest facility, the Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), boasts the success of the University's rich past, and the determination to become a national leader in visionary scientific research in the future. With a focus in the fields of Environmental Sciences, Neuroscience, Structural Biology, Nanotechnology, and Photonics the ASRC will operate as a nucleus of a University-wide science enterprise, fostering the development of an integrated research network that brings together faculty, students, and post-doctoral fellows from CUNY's colleges across the five boroughs. This state-of-the-art facility will house a staff of elite scientists and leaders who will seek to break down the walls between disparate but increasingly inter-related disciplines of applied science. For more information on the ASRC, please visit asrc.cuny.edu
The Environmental Science, Neuroscience and Structural Biology Initiatives are in need of professional, customer-service oriented Administrative Coordinators to support the day-to-day administrative functions of their Initiatives. Reporting to the Associate Director or Director of their respective Initiatives, the Administrative Coordinator will serve as the initial point of contact for individuals from within the institute as well as visitors and external users. With the utmost professionalism, diplomacy, and tact, the Administrative Coordinator will routinely facilitate communications among the Initiative Director, CUNY, and many outside affiliates as needed. Furthermore, he/she will also be responsible for scheduling meetings and communications among the Director and staff. Organizing travel for department staff will also fall under the employees' realm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as an intermediary between Director and other Initiative staff by transmitting written and oral requests, messages and instructions.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, activities, seminars, symposiums and conferences, e.g. scheduling meeting, ordering catering, arranging delivery and setting up, etc.
- Coordinate with Director and Associate Director to review and revise brochures, announcements or other informational items regarding initiative and/or core facility related operations. Drafts, edits and formats materials such as flyers, leaflets and letters. Update the website and manage kiosk & bulletin board postings.
- Prepare meeting minutes and agendas, correspondence, tables and other documents as needed.
- Prepare and follow up on purchase orders, invoices, payments, reimbursement, etc. under the direction of associate director.
- Make travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepare travel reimbursements and expense reports.
- Screen and prioritize incoming mail/email for needed action and follow up. Respond to mail/email where appropriate or distribute mail/email requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
- Screen telephone calls, answer routine inquiries or refer caller to the appropriate individual for response.
- Assist in timekeeping & maintaining the timesheets for staff of the Initiative.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and professional competencies:
- 2 years administrative experience preferred
- Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism, and personal integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Efficient and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team-based environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined. Please specify the Initiative you are applying to on your cover letter.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
This is a re-post of Job ID 15844 previous candidates need not apply. Closing date:May 22, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: REVISED - Administrative Coordinator - Multiple Positions
Job ID: 16744
Full/Part Time: Full-Time