Assistant Professor of Nursing
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 9 MO
Working Title: Assistant Professor of Nursing
Type of Employment: Faculty
Department: School of Nursing
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Position Summary: The School of Nursing invites applications for the position of Administrator/Faculty in the ACEN accredited Masters of Science and Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs. In addition to leadership, participation in teaching, student advising, professional service and scholarly activity is expected. The position is full-time, 9 mo., tenure-track at the rank of assistant or associate professor commensurate with experience. The position will begin Fall 2017.
- Actively participates in development and evaluation of curriculum, course content, clinical experiences, and test construction
- Is responsible for didactic courses and/or clinical group size appropriate to area of clinical practice
- Plans and supervises clinical seminars and/ or preceptorships
- Establishes effective coordinating relationships with co-workers and clinical agencies
- Continues education for professional growth
- Conducts continuing education offerings
- Participates in nursing research and other scholarly work, including but not limited to presentations at professional meetings, grant applications, book and textbook reviews, enrollment in university courses
- Participates in academic advising and guidance of students
- Maintains office hours as required
- Participates in the faculty organization and appropriate program, college and university activities
- Serves on assigned program, college and university committees
- Sponsors and promotes planned activities of students, program, college and university as requested
- Contributes to the community through involvement in and/or consultation to health related organizations, board memberships, or professional presentations to the public
- Participates in planning for the continued growth and progress of the program through faculty and student recruitment and retention efforts
- Leads and participates in the accreditation process, including the ongoing assessment of all curricula
- Leads student, faculty, and other professional colleagues/constituents to support the discipline by providing excellence in academic delivery and preparation
- Responsible for reporting of program data/metrics to professional organizations, accreditors, and other constituents
- Manages and leads program option(s) as assigned with expertise in team building and facilitation
- Holds membership and participates in organizations that advance the profession of nursing and advanced practice nursing, such as the ANA, NONPF, NACNS, or other professional organizations
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday
Other: Administration as part of academic workload. Academic experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge, skills, and abilities required or applicable to the position responsibilities and area of specialization, including special abilities.
Minimum Qualifications: MSN with earned doctorate. Eligible for RN and/or Advanced Practice licensure in Arkansas. Academic experience in graduate nursing education is required.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.