Assistant, Work Control
General Statement of Job
To provide administrative and technical support services for the collegewide work order system. Maintains the college fire, security, and elevator contract.
Location Service Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned Salary Assistant 6/116 ($26,978.00 - $38,540.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Director, Security Management Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Functions in a building and grounds department.
- Contract policies and procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Prepare and/or process purchase orders.
- Make recommendations that impact the budget.
- Manage the budget within assigned unit/division.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Learning and using a computerized work order system.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Communicating in a concise and effective manner.
- Determining priorities and handling high-pressure situations.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software including with work order systems.
Required Work Experience
- Two years of related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience within a Facilities and Operations unit in a higher education setting.
Experience with Salient Systems Video Management Systems
Experience with Tyco C-Cure Security Management System
Experience with Datatel management system
Experience with R25 reservations systems
Familiarity with ACC locations and staff
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.