IT Technical Associate - Technology Services - 4 positions (Champaign)
Civil Service Classification Department % Time
(# of months) Work Schedule Salary Range IT Technical Associate
(4 positions) Technology Services 100%
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
To be determined
This position does not require the applicant to be present for an exam. However, you must submit an exam request form to be considered. The University will conduct a credential assessment. Your exam score will be based on the application materials submitted.
The University of Illinois' Illinois seeks applicants to fill four (4) Information Technology Support Associate vacancies at Technology Services. These positions will provide client support for desktop computer hardware, operating systems and applications, mobile devices, peripherals, relevant A/V equipment and other devices. IT Technical Associates will support client access and authorization to local and non-local systems and services. These positions may also be involved in the procurement and deployment of technologies within units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide desktop support.
• Install, configure, and maintain computer based desktop systems running Windows, Macintosh, or UNIX operating systems.
• Maintain the security of the desktops, both physical and operating system.
• Effectively use Endpoint Management systems in the support of desktop systems.
• Support and maintain various desktop-based applications such as MS Office, Outlook, Skype for Business, Banner applications, or other applications.
• Meet regularly with unit faculty, staff and leadership to learn about their current and future activities, needs, and resource availability.
• Assist in the identification, evaluation, procurement, and implementation of technology systems and services for customers.
• Facilitate use of centralized, shared, and third party services to meet unit needs most efficiently and cost-effectively.
• Identify opportunities for units to reduce duplication and overlap in the services and technologies provided by and/or support by the units.
• Proactively identify gaps in available IT services and resources, and assist in the development of plans to help fill these gaps.
• Write documentation and knowledge articles as required.
• Investigate and resolve customer satisfaction issues.
• Work collaboratively with IT professionals across campus to meet local unit needs and enhance the overall IT environment on campus.
• Participates in IT projects.
• Assists in the development of IT project plans by review technical steps in the project as well as their estimated duration.
• Communicates effectively with other project team members.
Minimum Qualifications (with Specialty Factor):
Two years of progressively responsible work experience in an IT-related profession, one of which included supporting desktops, web browsers, desktop email, and productivity software (Office Suites) and computer hardware.
1. A working knowledge of mobile devices (tablets, mobile phones, etc.) that includes how they work and how to support them.
2. Experience troubleshooting hardware issues with a computer and how to fix/replace/reconfigure the hardware.
3. An understanding of IT security and how to maintain secure devices and how to implement safe security principles.
To View Classification Specifications:
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
An updated application and copies of college transcripts must be submitted by the time you submit the exam request, which will be no later than May 30, 2017, in addition to any other relevant documents, such as a resume, staff development course listing, etc. These documents can be electronically attached to your online application through the "Documents" link on Part 2 of the application. Be sure to select the appropriate document type for ease of retrieval. Documents may also be submitted in one of the following ways: hand deliver or mail to Staff Human Resources, 52 East Gregory Drive, Champaign, IL, 61820; or fax to 217-244-7304.
Applicants and employees must submit an online Civil Service Application and Exam Request form for IT Technical Associate - Technology Services (you must submit both) at jobs.illinois.edu by clicking "Apply to Job" on Civil Service Jobs/Application above. If an application was previously submitted, an update is still required, in which case you should follow the instructions for returning applicants. A request to create a civil service application will be processed within three (3) business days (Monday - Friday). Your logon information will be e-mailed to you. When you receive your logon information, you can complete your online Civil Service employment application and exam request form.
Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume, college transcripts, and/or staff development course listings, will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to submitting your exam request.
For this Credential Assessment exam, please remember to include all relevant work experience typically including providing fundamental support for applications software, operating systems, and equipment configurations.
To view the status of all your exam requests, pending test dates, scores, and current register positions online, go to jobs.illinois.edu. Log in and click on "Civil Service Activity."
All correspondence to applicants will be sent through e-mail. We suggest you add these e-mail addresses to your e-mail contacts: SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
If you have any questions, call us during regular office hours (8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday) at 217-333-2137.
We appreciate your interest in University employment.
Campus' commitment to diversity and Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
Organization Name: Distributed IT
College Name or Administrative Unit: Technology Services
Category: Civil Service
Open Date: 05/09/2017
Close Date: 05/30/2017