Assistant Varsity Coach, Women’s Diving - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700280)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Varsity Coach, Swimming and Diving. 12 Month athletic service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist the Head Swimming & Diving coach in the total administration of the women's swimming & diving program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan, organize and lead a highly competitive Division I women's diving program.
2. Develop and implement daily, weekly and seasonal training plans, and a complementary diving specific dryland program - working in conjunction with the department's strength & conditioning staff.
3. Responsible for development and implementation of a successful domestic and international recruiting plan.
4. Ensure all relevant institutional, Athletic Department, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including but not limited to the areas of; eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, budget management, scheduling and academic progress and program performance.
5. Promote a positive environment to encourage student-athletes to strive for academic and athletic excellence.
6. Assist in preparing and planning for home meet operations and travel meet plans. Encourage the safety and well-being of the student-athletes.
7. Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with sports medicine, academic services, strength & Conditioning, Campus Recreation and other support areas.
8. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position
Bachelor's degree in areas of sport management, kinesiology, or closely related field
Master's degree in same educational areas
At least three years of demonstrated successful experience coaching men's or women's diving at the college or club level, or experience competing at the Division I level.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, computer skills and commitment to all University, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA regulations.
At least three to five years of demonstrated success coaching springboard divers.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until all positions are filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to May 23, 2017. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Keiko Price, email@example.com.
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/09/2017
Close Date: 05/23/2017