Senior Developer and Web Architect
The Senor Developer and Web Architect provides expert guidance in defining the technical scope and context of all web-based and online projects and related support requests. Oversees code development practices of team members and contractors to ensure that all delivered applications are scalable, maintainable, and conform to industry best practices including usability, section 508 compliance, SEO, and responsive design.
- Leads internal and external development resources through all aspects of the project SDLC.
- Oversees code development to insure quality products that conform to department standards and industry best practices.
- Manages external hosting environments for websites and applications including migrations between platforms
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to align business requirements with technical requirements.
- Collaborates with other team members to build and implement new products.
- Reports project status to the Director of Web Strategy and Operations, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Reviews and validates all developed code to ensure it meets project specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Ensures all development initiatives are fully documented, meet high-level design requirements and comply with regulatory, audit and security guidance.
- Assist the Project and Development Team personnel to define project specifications and user requirements.
- Completes assigned tasks according to established timelines, using a variety of programming languages and software.
- Mentor junior developers and team members to foster productivity and encourage career growth.
- Working knowledge of Drupal 8 a plus.
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- Three to five years direct experience developing in LAMP technologies.
- Three to five years' experience developing server-side applications in PHP.
- Three to five years' experience developing data-driven applications using relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL).
- Three to five years' experience developing website/applications in Drupal.
- Experience managing hosting environments on external services: AWS, Acquia, Pantheon, etc.
- Good organizational skills and ability to stay on top of multiple projects
- Proven track record in delivering €best in class' web sites and applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, self-starter who likes working on productive, fast-paced projects
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve technical issues
- Must be able to travel 10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.