Veteran Education Liaison
Provide assistance with the enrollment process and student support with a primary focus on veteran students. Responsible for keeping current on changes in VA policies.
- Ensure all new military/veteran student inquiries and applications are accurately entered into the University's Student Information System in a timely manner.
- Serves as an advisor and advocate to veteran students and military affiliated students. Prepares and presents recommendations to leadership that are aligned with mission expectations that are consistent with the Strayer University brand.
- Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork among campus staff and all corporate departments.
- Conduct veteran outreach efforts to increase brand awareness within the veteran community.
- Work with campus leadership team to schedule and conduct new veteran student orientation, online orientation, networking events, information sessions, town halls and veteran student activities.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including SAS, SFS, Academics, and the University Registrar's Office.
- Triage veteran student issues. Assist students with appropriate course of action.
- Manage resources in support of student success.
- Remain informed and knowledgeable about Strayer University program offerings and advise prospective veteran students.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state and accrediting agency rules with respect to the enrollment process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with corporate partners, veteran representatives and veteran organizations within the community.
- Engage in formal and informal professional development to remain apprised of best practices in enrollment management and student services as it pertains to veterans.
- Provide regional training on veteran processes, veteran benefits and veteran University policy on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, or an equivalent field from an accredited college or university is required. A Master's degree in Business, Education, or an equivalent field is highly preferred.
- 10+ years of active military service.
- Tenured military experience required. Commissioned or Non-Commissioned Officer preferred.
- Prior recruiting or retention experience desired.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and strong managerial skills.
- Be goal and detail-orientated.
- Be proactive and highly organized.
- Possess the ability to carry out multiple tasks and function with minimal supervision.
- Possess the ability to meet set goals on a quarterly basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the student enrollment process and guidelines.
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word etc.).
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and respond to situations; identify and respond to the unique needs of each student; effectively identify and implement solutions.
- Ability to respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize tasks by importance and achieve assigned deadlines.
- Values organizational diversity; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation; effectively manages relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation is required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.