Admissions Officer - JWMI
The Jack Welch Management Institute seeks enthusiastic, polished, and professional individuals to join an all-star admissions team. Our mission is to contribute to changing the face of business by recruiting leaders into Jack Welch's MBA program.
- Respond to new student inquiries via phone and email
- Interview prospective students to determine qualifications and career goals
- Educate qualified prospective students on the benefits of the Jack Welch MBA program
- Assist students with their due diligence and admissions process partnering with other departments to finalize enrollments and support long-term success for the student
- Contribute to team performance objectives
- Work with Strayer campus teams supporting campus referral interviews and enrollments.
- Provide coaching to Strayer campus teams to help them support their students who may be best fit to the Jack Welch MBA
- Provide lateral leadership and mentoring among team and other departments in the University.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred/exceptions made for otherwise highly qualified candidates
- 3-4 years customer service and/or sales experience
- A positive demeanor with a commitment to contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to execute tasks
- Ability to energize others
- Ability to communicate with candor as an advocate for the team, our students, and self
- A self-starting approach to the position
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships over the phone
- Strong analytical skills
- Polished verbal and written communication
- A commitment to business ethics and compliance with regulatory rules
- Strong computer skills
- Supportive team dynamic. This department works closely with other teams in a boundary-less environment.
- The office is open Monday-Thursday from 9am-8pm, from 9am-6pm on Friday, and from 9-1 on Saturday. This position will coordinate a schedule with the Director of Admissions to compliment the team schedule to support success.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.