Associate Campus Dean
Associate Campus Deans are part of a professional team whose primary function is to provide academic leadership at campus locations. Associate Campus Deans must be highly organized and have exemplary interpersonal skills, a collaborative attitude, and the ability to form positive working relationships with faculty, staff, managers, and students. Associate Campus Deans are primarily responsible for academic advising, student issue resolution, academic policy compliance, course scheduling, and ongoing activities to support continuing enrollment. Associate Campus Deans also serve as the primary point of contact at the campus for faculty who teach there.
- In conjunction with the Campus Director, maintains a campus culture that is supportive of a quality educational experience and achievement of campus objectives.
- Monitors and ensures university compliance with academic policies, procedures, and standards, including state-specific regulations.
- Ensures compliance with the Strayer University Employee Handbook, the Strayer University Student Handbook, and the Strayer University Information Technology policy.
- Provides accurate and timely academic advising services, including new student advising, alert advising, and graduation advising.
- Leverages institutional knowledge of internal resources to quickly refer students to the appropriate educational support services and resolve student academic issues.
- Assists new and continuing students with course selection placing particular emphasis on inexperienced and at-risk students.
- Arranges and conducts effective new student orientations, including introduction to online learning, to familiarize adult learners with University policies, procedures, and services.
- Leads academic events held at local campuses, such as Honors ceremonies and graduation celebrations.
- In coordination with the Dean of Faculty, arranges for campus and online tutoring services.
- Screens, interviews, hires, and evaluates LRC Managers and ensures they are aware of performance expectations in the appropriate areas of responsibility.
- Manages the campus Learning Resource Center to achieve its information literacy and career development objectives.
- Manages the campus computer labs to assure effective student learning and operations.
Course Scheduling and Faculty Support
- Exemplifies outstanding teaching methods when accepting a course assignment and maintains eligibility to teach both online and on campus courses at all times.
- Serves as a resource to help meet faculty needs on campus, including answering procedural questions, confirming course assignments, and keeping faculty updated about campus events.
- Provides immediate feedback to the Dean of Faculty assigned to the campus regarding any observed faculty performance and/or conduct issues.
- Ensures that campus faculty meet requirements related to class duration, attendance record keeping, and scheduling while keeping the Dean of Faculty assigned to the campus informed.
- In collaboration with the Dean of Faculty assigned to the campus, provides campus orientation for new faculty members.
- Works with the Central Scheduling team to establish the campus class schedule. Collaborates with the Dean of Faculty assigned to the campus to identify suitable instructors to teach specific classes.
- Work closely with campus team members to support organizational objectives.
- Develop collaborative relationships across the university to stay abreast of policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Understand and effectively communicate the curriculum, graduation requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Support coaches by offering feedback on student issues and concerns to provide guidance to support operational objectives.
- Assist in developing strategies to improve advising and tutoring processes.
- Work with management on refining and scheduling appropriate training sessions.
- Communicate company information and answer questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- At least three years of academic advising or counseling experience strongly preferred.
- At least one year of management experience strongly preferred.
- At least three years of experience in customer service strongly preferred.
- At least three years of student service experience strongly preferred.
- At least one year of teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to lead under pressure with integrity and to follow through on details.
- Ability to manage people, processes and projects.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Exhibit sound judgment and accountability in making decisions.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to interpret and act on various management reports.
- Proficient with the University tutoring and academic services and resources (e.g. Blackboard, eLU, SUNOW, iCampus).
- Fluent in academic support services, policies, and requirements.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain exemplary working relationships with coaches, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills as well as effective listening skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties.
- Strong background in working with a diverse group of coaches, staff, and managers.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time among campuses within the local area and 10% of the time outside of the local area.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.