Staff Accountant II
The Staff Accountant will provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate financial and general ledger accounting and reporting.
The Staff Accountant works closely with the Assistant Controller to provide direct support in the accounting and Finance department. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares general ledger journal entries and completes general ledger operations.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Prepares internal and external financial schedules by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Prepares state and local tax computations and returns.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Assists with both internal and external auditors, institutional employees, and government entities demands for information and accountability for financial and general ledger accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Preferred minimum of 2 years related accounting and finance experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Strong Excel Proficiency
- Work well in team environment
- 2-5 years accounting experience
- Not-for-profit accounting experience/education
Job ID 2017-1442
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo