Senior Biomedical Engineering Technician
Senior Biomedical Engineering Technician-1700784
At Stony Brook Medicine, the Senior Biomedical Engineering Technician ensures that medical equipment is well-maintained, safely functional and properly configured.
Duties of a Senior Biomedical Engineering Technician may include the following but are not limited to:
- Regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- Participate in mandatory oncall/recall rotation for after-hours and weekend shifts.
- Inspect, repair, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on hospital medical devices.
- Perform acceptance and quality assurance testing of medical devices according to protocols.
- Isolate electronic and electromechanical medical equipment problems on-site and perform the necessary repair in an expedient manner.
- Assemble and install medical electronic or electromechanical devices.
- Perform prescribed electrical equipment safety test on a routine basis as assigned and on all required equipment prior to return to service.
- Complete all documentation on a timely basis after repair or maintenance.
- Participate in training programs as per the BME Service Manager.
- Evaluate new products /services as necessary.
- Assist in clinical in-service education on correct utilization of medical devices.
- Participate in BME projects as assigned.
- Other hospital or BME technical duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: AAS in Electronics Technology or Biomedical Engineering Technology or a comparable military equivalent will be considered as fulfilling the educational requirements. Minimum five (5) years of experience in the Biomedical Engineering fields.
Preferred Qualifications: BS in Biomedical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or the equivalent military training, and minimum ten (10) years of experience in medical electronic equipment repair and maintenance. Hospital experience preferred. CBET certification preferred.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Senior Biomedical Engineer
Job Field: Skilled Trades
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Biomedicial Engineering-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 am - 5:00 pmBiomedicial Engineering-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: May 9, 2017
Posting End Date: Jun 8, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: SL2