Chief Engineer (Facilities)
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of a high rise complex including garage space. Responsibilities include the management of all engineering operations and maintenance of equipment, project management for capital engineering projects, and other site support functions. The successful candidate will be accountable for the operational performance and readiness, reliability, and integrity of the Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) systems; which include, but are not limited to the following:
Air Handling Units (AHU's), panel boards, generators, Fuel Pumps and Fuel Storage, Switchgear, Transfer Switches, Pumps, Water Piping, Fire Detection, Fire Suppression, Access Control, and Monitoring.
The successful Chief Engineer's candidate must have an understanding of how these systems function and be capable of performing corrective measures. The individual shall ensure that these activities are executed in a controlled and proven way that ensures limited or uninterrupted integrity of the MEP systems that support the complex. This includes resetting alarms, operating breakers and switches, operating transfer switches, starting back-up systems, etc. He or she will also be responsible for the supervision of all building operations and manage all service contract providers that support the facilities Infrastructure systems.
• Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of Building Operations and Critical Infrastructure Systems and equipment in order to immediately recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• Technical point of contact for all aspects concerning the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of infrastructure systems on the complex.
• Work alongside and advise the local facilities management team in the development and supervision of the facilities maintenance program and technical system operation.
• Building Engineering & Operations budget management.
• Ensure adherence to all HCT standard operating procedures and put together procedures where lacking and necessary. A few examples are Method of procedures (MOP), and emergency response procedures established for Building Operations.
• Conduct routine and ongoing assessment of the infrastructure systems operations. Perform tests, rounds, and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of all equipment.
• Review and improve preventative maintenance procedures for all critical infrastructure systems (i.e. ATS/Generators/Switchgear).
• Ensure there is appropriate 24/7/365 coverage and emergency response to infrastructure.
• Daily logging of environmental and electrical data.
• Managing MEP trades for repairs and maintenance and capital improvements.
• Analyzing energy consumption and finding ways to reduce.
• Ten years of building engineering, facilities management, or related experience.
• Strong knowledge of cooling systems, power systems, mechanical systems, and fire suppression systems.
• Project management skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of building communication protocols and equipment including IP addressing and configuration
• Sustainability/LEED experience a plus.
• Electrical, HVAC, or Operating Engineers licenses a plus.
• Working familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook Auto Cad and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software.
• Candidate must be available for shift work, weekend work, and on-call escalated problems on a 24/7 basis.
Taylor Management company professionally manages over 200 communities throughout the New Jersey area. We are looking for talented and seasoned property management professionals to join us as we manage the communities we serve in NJ.
Tue, 9 May 2017 12:51:32 PDT