Customer Service Representative
Requisition # 2017-7452
Department Transportation & Parking Svcs
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 5/9/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Customer Service Representative serves as the main point of contact for the university ID and access card (TigerCard) and transportation-related inquiries. This position works with multiple databases, managing confidential data and systems that provide access to secure facilities. The Representative is responsible for the safe handling and maintenance of customer records, as well as processing payments for Transportation and Parking Services and TigerCard products.
The Customer Service Representative must be flexible and adaptive to changing needs, able to work autonomously and with initiative, and be adept at problem solving. The Representative must interact effectively with individuals at all levels within and outside of the University, and possess the judgment and discretion needed to handle confidential information. A high degree of accuracy is required. The Representative will evaluate the needs of clients, customers, and users of the card system to independently analyze and resolve issues.
The Customer Service Representative needs to be friendly and empathic with every customer interaction—in person, by phone, and by email—and works to prioritize and resolve many urgent and highly sensitive transportation and TigerCard issues, complaints, and requests.
The Customer Service Representative is part of an integrated team that supports one another to meet the needs of customers efficiently and effectively, providing a one-stop shopping experience for customers with a variety campus access needs.
A full job description will be furnished prior to interview. Please include a cover letter when applying.
- Assists customers with university ID, passport photos and notarization, and parking and transportation inquiries.
- Informs customers on the uses of TigerCard based on their affiliation, including library privileges, meal plans, athletic membership, purchasing points, student charge, and building access.
- Processes customer financial transactional deposits and payments.
- Develops expert-level understanding of commuter programs, including shuttles, car share and bike share, and to provide enrollment support.
- Maintains sound judgement and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of students, faculty, staff, and affiliates.
- Takes initiative to prepare for events and unique situations on campus to supply permits, ID cards, and visitor information in advance.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Accurately creates and manages customer accounts in multiple University databases.
- Maintains monthly reimbursement submissions and tracking for graduate students, faculty, and staff participation in the mass transit subsidy program.
- Responsible for billing and collecting payments for TPS and TigerCard products, as well as weekly deposits of office cash and checks and accurately closing out cash drawers daily.
- Assists with creation of transactional card requests, including Departmental meal cards, and summer events cards.
- Maintains inventory of all transportation and TigerCard supplies.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Assists with major university events, including evening and weekend activities.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, committee assignments, etc.
- Works on special projects.
- High school diploma or GED and three years' experience in hospitality or customer facing industry.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service with emphasis on positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize demands while maintaining accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve complex and sensitive customer issues, as well as identify and communicate solutions promptly and effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience with database management and general working knowledge of basic web-based forms and applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Access.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous professional experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of systems and applications used by Transportation & Parking Services and TigerCard, including the T2 parking database, CBORD CS Gold, and Micros.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.