CISSP Solaris Systems Administrator
MUST be a US Citizen
Responsible for the installation, configuration, tuning and administration of Trusted Solaris infrastructure components to ensure highest possible availability of mission services. Support the planning of system/environment requirements to support lifecycle events. Resolve system and environment problems and provide recommendations for system repairs and methods for obtaining solutions. Document changes according to site Configuration Management process. Position is physically located in Ridgecrest, CA at NAWS China Lake. Flex Friday Schedule allows commute from surrounding communities. Security Clearance is required for position. Candidates must be elegible for a DoD clearance.
• Provisioning - Handle all aspects of provisioning new servers from setting up new OS, System Configuration
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a monthly/quarterly basis for Trusted Solaris 10/11 servers
• Synchronize system configurations across Development, Test and Production environments.
• Resolve and fix reported security vulnerabilities according to applicable Federal and DoD Standards
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
• Documentation in MS Office Products as well as CMS systems such as Git and SVN.
• Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major or equivalent experience
• 4 + years systems administration experience in Solaris 10/11 Trusted Extensions
• Experience setting up and maintain Solaris Zones
• Experience with one or more scripting language: Shell, Perl, Python, etc
• Basic networking knowledge: LAN, WAN, TCP/IP Protocol suite, IP Addressing
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Trusted Solaris 8, Solaris 10/11 with Trusted Extensions
• DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 Certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP CE)
• Linux Experience (RHEL, Oracle Enterprise Linux)
Las Vegas, NV
Tue, 9 May 2017 17:36:01 PDT