Professional Assistant, Industry Collaboration and Aerospace Ventures
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Boulder's Research and Innovation Office (RIO) is the central point for support and advocacy for CU Boulder's world-class scholarship, creative work, and research. The Research and Innovation office seeks a qualified candidate for a Professional Assistant to support the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation (AVC), Industry Collaboration and AeroSpace Ventures team. This position will report to the AVC.
Increasing and improving CU Boulder's engagement with industry is a top priority for the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation, and for broader campus leadership. This position will support a dynamic team focused on building relationships and fostering collaboration internally across campus and externally through engagement with industry partners. As aerospace is a core sector of strength at CU Boulder, this position will also support AeroSpace Ventures as it conducts critical outreach with aerospace stakeholders across Colorado.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Provide general, professional, and confidential administrative support to the AVCR, Industry Collaboration and AeroSpace Ventures Team:
- Manage calendars for multiple administrators (The Associate Vice Chancellor and three Industry Program Managers).
- Support the planning and execution of various workshops, meetings, and other outreach initiatives and special events including such administrative tasks as scheduling, booking venues, arranging for catering, assembling and distributing agendas, gathering necessary materials, etc.
- Support the AVC in coordinating the ASV Professional Development Seminar Series (spring and fall) and other ASV events designed to increase interaction between aerospace industry partners and students (e.g., young professional events).
- Coordinate CU presence at trade shows/conferences, highlighting CU research strengths (e.g., National Space Symposium, Aerospace Day at the Capitol).
- Support AVCR, Program Managers, and Project Managers with various initiatives, including development of communications/marketing materials, social media, and relationship building efforts with industry partners.
- Make travel arrangements and process travel reimbursements and expense reports.
- Track office budget/spending; produce relevant reports.
- Provide oversight of awards to faculty and staff.
- Coordinate office supplies procurement.
- Keep updated contact information for all relevant stakeholders.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this positions starts at $45,000 and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition, the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What you should know:
Position may require occasional early morning or evening hours and travel within Colorado.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree at an accredited institution (or a combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis).
- At least 2 years of professional administrative experience, including some event management experience.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a work setting that demands high quality, flexibility, and excellent customer service.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to situations that arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply strong teamwork skills to daily management of tasks.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively coordinate a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure completion in a timely manner to meet deadlines and expectations.
What we'd like you to have:
- High level of experience with Microsoft Office suite.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 23, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-09321.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10057 - Research & Innovation Office
Posting Date: May 9, 2017
Closing Date: May 23, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00733001