Human Resources Professional
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Dean's Office
Human Resources Professional
Position #733326 - Requisition 09517
The School of Medicine Dean's Office has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Human Resources Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
This Human Resources Professional will serve as a resource to departments in the School of Medicine (SOM) by providing support, guidance and interpretation of Federal, State, University and School of Medicine laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures assuring compliance in a variety of human resources and payroll areas. Duties will include:
- Approving transactions (new hires, rehires, transfers, promotions, pay rate changes, etc.) in the University's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system ensuring that the information entered is accurate in order to ensure data integrity.
- Evaluating HCM data in order to identify trends, common issues and errors; providing feedback to business partners and the SOM HR Director in order to improve data integrity and shape training initiatives.
- In collaboration with the SOM HR Director, developing training tools and resources for HR staff in departments throughout the SOM; participating in the education and training of the staff in a variety of human resources and payroll areas.
- Reviewing and evaluating current processes and in collaboration with the HR Director, assist in process improvements efforts.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience in human resources may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- One (1) or more years' of experience working in Human Resources.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience using a web-based human resources/payroll management system similar to HCM.
- Experience working with personnel and/or payroll policies and procedures.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to establish work priorities, follow through, and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality while working with sensitive information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to actively listen and share relevant information, anticipate problems, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of professional standards, concepts and practices related to Human Resources.
- Knowledge of personnel and/or payroll policies and procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Luana Tadolini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20029 - SOM - Dean-School of Medicine
Posting Date: May 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Luana Tadolini
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00733326