This accounting position is responsible to provide technical accounting support and supervision, maintaining accuracy and confidentiality and complying with established policies and procedures. Job duties will vary and will be assigned or modified as needed. This position has an assigned supervisor, but will be responsible for interfacing with other associates as needed on her/his own initiative and will work independently with limited supervision. This position also supervises support associates and provides guidance, instruction and day-to-day transactional decisions with respect to accounts payable, accounts receivable and other accounting activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage accounting of fixed assets in accordance with company policy. Maintain communications with Corporate office contacts and assure that division fixed assets records and related transactions remain in agreement with central fixed asset records.
- Provide information needed for taxes related to personal property, coordinate tax filings and review tax billings for accuracy.
- Serve as cost analyst tracking and analyzing metal, energy, labor and overhead costs and analyzing standard cost and budget variances.
- Track SG&A expenses and provide analyses of significant period and budget variances as needed.
- Using Odyssey (ERP), maintain the perpetual inventory of finished goods and work-in-process inventories and related costs; update costs, adjust monthly and prepare related journal entries.
- Assume a prominent role in the annual budgeting process.
- Lead AP/AR end of month processing and assist with other tasks required to close the general ledger monthly and annually.
- Lead AP/AR participation in annual, internal and tax audit processes and assist with other tasks required for audits.
- Supervise AP and AR teams, assuring that internal control procedures are followed and updated as needed. Ensure that the teams keep up on daily processing and that transactions are processed accurately with any errors corrected swiftly.
- Assist with, and back-up areas such as cash, consolidations and trial balance preparation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Experience and educational requirements may vary for this position, but will generally include a bachelor degree in accounting with adequate experience to perform all duties of the position, including experience working with a standard cost accounting system. CPA, CMA, and/or CGMA certification is preferred. This position requires an aptitude for business math and accuracy and the ability to identify, analyze and solve complex financial problems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office - particularly Excel - is essential. Must be able to work effectively with the PACE ERP system (Odyssey) with reasonable training.
Located in Muskegon, Michigan, Port City Group, a Division of Pace Industries, is a multi-location, fully integrated manufacturer of aluminum die castings, mechanical assemblies and injected molded plastics.
Port City Group offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and 401 (k).
North Muskegon, MI
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 13:48:01 PDT