Executive Assistant To the Dean
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs is a distinguished and innovative college providing excellence in education, scholarship, and practice in the health professions, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees, and facilitating collaboration for the promotion of a healthy community. The Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of the college. The Executive Assistant to the Dean provides high-level administrative and operational support to the Dean and the college.
• First point of contact in the Dean's office, serving as office manager and receptionist, answering the Dean's phone line, managing incoming and outgoing mail, serving as the point person for campus and system questions related to the college, interacting with members of the business community and public on behalf of the Dean and the college, providing information to university administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
• Maintains the Dean's schedule, including managing the Dean's calendar, coordinating and scheduling meetings, and managing the Dean's travel arrangements.
• Contact point for college donations, working with University Advancement managing the college gift letter process, composing correspondences on behalf of the Dean related to donated gift funds.
• Maintains a college procurement card to be used for Dean related purchases, completing a monthly report in the Concur travel and expense system.
• Oversees the Dean's files and records system including general folders related to the college in the Columbia computer drive.
• Maintains access to the CU-SIS student system to access pertinent student, faculty, and course information as needed by the Dean.
• Collects and prepares information for Dean related meetings, composes confidential correspondences, assists with presentations, and performs basic administrative duties.
• Coordinates the Dean's initiatives, projects, and special assignments.
• Manages college related projects such as large office moves and construction projects, working as liaison between the college and the Facilities Services Department.
• Interprets and evaluates college administrative policies and procedures maintaining that they are current and in compliance with college and university rules and mission, revising/updating as needed.
• Serves as administrative support for the Administrative Council, including meeting set-up, agendas and minutes.
• College liaison for the accreditation process, maintaining documentation of all college accreditation visits, ensuring reports are completed and submitted, monitoring accreditation review dates and completing surveys required to maintain accreditation.
• Serves as liaison between the college and Public Safety for parking related needs including daily hang-tag parking permits, do-not-ticket requests, and yearly VIP permits.
• Proofs and edits all documents submitted for the Dean's review, approval, and signature.
• Maintains the lost-and-found for the college.
• Supervises 4 Student Assistant III's.
• Other duties as assigned.
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $47,000.00 - $56,000.00
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 5 years' experience in an executive level office environment OR 9 years of progressively responsible administrative executive level assistant experience OR a combination of education and comparable experience equivalent to 9 years.
- Knowledge and experience working in the University HCM system, Finance system, CU SIS system, CU Marketplace system, Concur Travel and Expense System, and the CU Careers Recruiting system.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by May 23, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40086 - Beth-El Admin
Posting Date: May 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amy Silva-Smith
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00400664