Systems Engineering - ITS, IoT and real time analytics -transit
Cutting edge technologies like ITS, IoT and real time analytics to solve operations, business and security critical needs in the Transit and Transportation industries is a rapidly growing field.
We need an experienced Systems Engineer who loves new challenges, independence, and new technologies in the Intelligent Transportation market.
This company is a leader among the fastest growing businesses delivery ITS solutions to the transit industry in North America today with plans to expand to other regions of the world - But first - the west coast. We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to meet the growing demand for our solutions, to integrate, maintain, and troubleshoot our solutions in existing and new customer environments. You will be part of a talented team of systems engineers that define and demonstrate the proposed solutions to the customers, demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical solution and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. For large and complex solution deliveries, you will manage and mentor the Project Engineering assigned to you to deliver a high quality solution
As a leader of one or more projects, you will design the solution to meet the customer's requirements and then lead the implementation, test and demonstration of the same.
• Obtains customer sign-off before commencing deployment of the targeted solution
- Design, manage and maintain the quality and performance throughout the delivery cycle
- Communicate as needed with customer to coordinate the technical resources, test and train
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency
- Provide logs and coordinate testing with internal and 3rd party engineers as needed
- Liaise with the project manager, the customer's technical teams, to keep them informed of the progress and expectations as the project progresses.
40% travel to client sites. A competitive salary and benefits package enhanced by bonus for deserving achievements.
Location: East Bay area. (you'll work remotely until the new office expected to open Q1 2017)
What We Need from You:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering with 5-7 years of experience as a Systems Engineer in a technical industry is required or 4-5 years of experience in the Transit Industry.
- Experience in the Transit industry is desirable.
- Proven experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting in MS-OS/Linux based environments, Access and SQL db and WiFi, Cellular and Radio systems integration
- Experience in debugging administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache) is a plus
- Comfortable with the use of MS-Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio) to document and communicate internally and externally
- A people oriented, success driven person who will mentor and motivate your team and work with the project manager(s) to coordinate the success of the project.
• Currently residing in the US and legally authorized to work in the US
If you are a talented, passionate Project Manager with the experience and skills described - please submit your resume to VIP(at)permantech.com
Tue, 9 May 2017 08:31:43 PDT