Administrative Assistant III
8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
Under general direction of the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences Undergraduate Advising Center, the incumbent is responsible as the primary front desk contact for all students and visitors to the CNAS UAAC center. Coordinates and oversees the records management of all student records. Serves as a transactor for work orders and purchasing activities for the CNAS Academic Student Affairs, including UAAC, GSAC and SMI. Accountable to create, prepare and publish all printed CNAS UAAC publications for all majors and undeclared as well as publications used by all CNAS undergraduate students. Primary coordinator of large scale college-wide undergraduate events such as CNAS Dean's Mandatory Orientations, CNAS New Student Welcome, Focus on Academic Success Workshops, and CNAS participation in campus-wide events such as Highlander Orientation, Undergraduate Field events, etc. including room reservations, materials, and media.
Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Excellent customer service skills. Experience in handling difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely, organized and accurate manner under pressures of deadline, interruptions and competing priorities and requirements.
Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation and follow-through with assignments with minimal supervision. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Demonstrated experience with online student information systems.
Experience in purchasing utilizing on-line purchasing systems.
Previous experience in event planning and coordination.
Demonstrated knowledge/experience of general office procedures using various computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other software applications.
Skill in analyzing policy issues, policy and procedures, and other directives and form solid recommendations.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or Related field.
Experience in a Student Support Role Interacting and Assisting Students Daily.
Working knowledge of UC Student Record Retention Policies and Procedures.
Working knowledge of UC Student Information System (Banner) and UC online R'Space system.
Working knowledge of UC Systemwide and Campus Travel and Entertainment policies and procedures.
Completion of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview